TutorialsPhotobucketSponsorsPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Show & Tell Saturday

Welcome to Show & Tell Saturday! This week we have Lish from Imprintalish!


Hello Garage Sales R Us readers! My name is Lish and I blog over at Imprintalish. My blog is packed with photography, tales of life with two little men, ages 16 months and 3 years, recipes, crafty projects and anything pretty I find along the way. Since beginning my blog over 2 years ago, I have been on a constant journey to realize who I actually am aside from being a SAHM {soon to be WAHM once my new handmade shop opens!}It's definitely been a growing and learning experience and I am so thankful that I am able to share that with others who may be struggling with learning and accepting who they are. I try to share the real life ups and downs of balancing kids, work, free time, a husband and all the other household chores and still find time to fit ME in there somewhere. Blogging for me creates an hour or so that I can stop and reflect on the little things that happen during the day and hopefully appreciate them more.

Today I am sharing my 'garage sale' experience with you all! Trying to score a bargain is something I definitely can appreciate. Even when I was a teenager, I can vividly remember skipping school to go hunt through bins at the nearest second hand store. Staying up late to get the first look at a rummage sale, and spending Saturdays touring nearby towns with friends, to see what we could find in the antique shops.

Recently, my oldest son and I went on a little Saturday road trip...and here's what we saw on our adventures...

Our phone photo dump of our Saturday spent antiquing and garage sale hunting....
My husband could spend hours looking through old books...
I'm in love with these chairs, if I had extra money I would totally buy these and reupholster them!
I think it's always neat when I see someones wedding dress...
Aisles of stuff at our local antique market, supposedly the biggest one in Ontario, Canada.
Grayson's car that he bought for a quarter {his first purchase with HIS money!}
Some yard sales down the street from us.

Some things that landed in my car that day...

Funny story...2 years ago I was contemplating on this bright red coat rack at a flea market, it was only $10, but I couldn't figure out where to put it because we don't actually have a foyer and it was quite tall for the slanted ceilings in our 1.5 story house. So I sadly left it...THEN low and behold we are driving around and I spotted this on the side of the road!!! First, I never find cool stuff on the side of the road and second...in the car it went! It's a bit rough at the bottom, but a good scrub and paint will look marvelous. It's much smaller then the very first one I was looking at and think it would be so cute as a costume rack for the kids play room...

 I was super stoked to find a box of old embroidery hoops, for only $1.00! I've been wanting to do a wall display in our bedroom and these will be perfect!

 These frames were so adorable I couldn't pass them up, I will probably end up taking out the cute little prints in them though and replacing them with photographs...I am a sucker for frames and these two were $8.00...

I also found this little sign at the antique market, although probably not an antique, I just liked the colors and saying and it fit perfectly on my mantel!

So there you have it! My garage sale experience... Thank you so much Robin for letting me be here today to share this! I hope you all have fun at your next garage sale!

Photobucket
    Follow along on Twitter  Facebook  Pinterest

*********************
Lish, I am so jealous. I have been wanting to find some embroidery hoops at a garage sale. And you got all of them for a dollar! Great deal. I also LOVE the vintage sign that you put on your mantel! Thank you for guest posting on my Show & Tell Saturday!

If you are interested in guest posting for my Show & Tell Saturday please email me at Garagesalesrusblog@gmail.com

7 comments:

  1. the mantel pieces are adorable! :) oh how i love thrifting! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I'm a friend of Lish. LOVE her, & this post was awesome! I'm such a garage sale junkie!

    LOVE your blog, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful treasures. I would have been thrilled to find all of those hoops for only $1 too. Thank you for your bloggy friendship and for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things hop xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog. I’m a lifelong antiquer, and am making my passion for antiques a full-time business by selling antiques online. I’m blogging about my experiences at my blog, Wisdom Lane Antiques: wisdomlaneantiques.blogspot.com. Stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for Guest posting Lish!!!!

    ReplyDelete