TutorialsPhotobucketSponsorsPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Guest Blogger


We have two new guest bloggers this week! I would love it if you would show Kathryn and Kristina some comment love and go visit their sites! Feel free to follow along!

Hello Garage Sales 'R' Us readers! I'm so excited to be sharing a craft with you today! My name is Kathryn and I blog over at Destination: Craft


I'm excited to be here! I hope you'll stop by and check out some of my other crafts!
 **************************
I've seen some cute Mason jar soap dispensers around blogland. I had the boring ol' dispensers from Target, you know, the $5 ones. I was tired of them. I wanted something pretty.

After looking at several of different ways to make these, I decided that the process is pretty easy!

So I'm here today showing YOU how to make these little pretties.


So so easy! Ready?

Supplies:
- Mason Jar (I got mine from Hobby Lobby)
- Drill
- Hot glue gun
- Needlenose pliers
- Soap pump (I bought two soap dispensers from the dollar store & took out the pumps)


1.
Mark the middle of the top of the jar (I just eyeballed it)


2.
Drill the hole!


3.
If you have needlenose pliers, use those for this step. I, however, do not have have needlenose pliers so I used whatever that is in the picture :) Regular pliers? Anyway, just start pulling on the metal and it'll bend easily. Pull a hole large enough for your soap pump.


4.
Put the soap pump through the new hole and secure it on the underside with hot glue.


5.
Put the top back together and there ya have it! A more vintage looking soap dispenser!

                 Thanks so much Robin for having me!!

4 comments:

  1. I had no idea it was that easy! Now I know & i just might do this today! Thank you for showing me the light!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that! I'm going to have to make me some of these!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how simply it is and it's still very elegant!

    ReplyDelete